Wednesday, December 8, 2010

OK, here's my WHY... by Dave Berry

Why do I want to be fit?
Why, after years of paying too little attention to my health should I change my ways, eat better, get moving and lose the extra pounds that have crept up on me?
Why should YOU care about losing weight, eating healthier and becoming more active?
That's the question we're asking the people of East Texas to answer as part of our Fit City Challenge -- a community-wide initiative to raise awareness about the current epidemic of obesity in Tyler and the nation.
We've invested a lot of effort and newspaper space on stories about obesity, the problems associated with poor health and the benefits people realize when they strive for fitness and good health. (Check out our Fit City website at fitcitytyler.com and be sure and follow us on the Fit City Challenge Facebook page )
So, WHAT'S MY WHY?
It's fairly simple. I want to be active and energetic for as many good years as possible. You can't hike the Chisos Mountains if you have to lug around an extra thirty pounds in addition to your backpack and camera gear. And, how can I lead this diverse, wonderful coalition of people committed to making Tyler a Fit City if I'm not working as hard to be fit as they are? I need to practice what I preach.
WHAT'S YOUR WHY?
To look better? Feel better? Fit into your skinny jeans? To be a role model for your children?
I told you my WHY, now tell me yours.
-- dave

No comments:

Post a Comment