Friday, December 3, 2010

Come On Baby Light My Fire - By Amy Brocato Pearson

I'm glad to see my fellow team members took my nagging to heart (with some notable exceptions, ahem, Connie, Michael and Eric!). If cracking the whip a bit is what it takes to get us at least thinking about our year-long healthy living commitment, then so be it. :-) I appreciate having a fire lit under me by the encouragement of the rest of the team!

As fr me, I think I keep countering my exercise with some not-so-great eating choices. Chicken Minis at Chick Fil A yesterday morning (but hey, everyone knows that when you have breakfast with a girlfriend calories don't count!!!!). But I did get a workout in Wednesday afternoon. About 30 minutes of cardio (jogging...OK..glorified fast walking on an incline treadmill) and leg weights (hamstrings? I have hamstrings?).

I did better today (I say at 7:16 a.m.). Meeting a girlfriend for lunch, so it was scrambled egg whites and spinach for breakfast.

One thing that's gotten me this week is planning. Or lackthereof. I religiously make up the week's menus and do the grocery shopping on the weekends. But this week life got in the way. Two night time meetings. Basketball practice.  Christmas parade. I only cooked at home one night this week (healthy vegetarian meal, if that counts). Next week's not looking much better. Activities four out of five nights, including several holiday parties. Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment