Friday, December 3, 2010

And so it begins.....

Michael-
The holiday season is here so it's time to celebrate with... celery sticks? I think not!
Look, I'm all about healthy living... well, maybe not ALL about. I do have a weakness for Oreos. But, I do believe in approaching the eating thing like this: Everything In Moderation! And, I also believe that healthy eating CAN be good! Don't believe me? Just read some of the articles in Men's Health! They have some GREAT ideas for us carnivores, as well as the rabbits out there.
My goal is to eat BETTER now, add a little more muscle, and increase my vertical for volleyball. The eating part will be the most difficult. I love fried chicken and biscuits and gravy! I CAN eat healthy (grilled chicken, tilapia, right portions of red meat) but I, like most, just want to eat what tastes good and worry about the consequences later! The problems with that is, of course, the habits you develop. And I've developed some bad ones. My worst? I eat while watching TV. My best? I eat VERY slowly. Eating slow gives your body time to let you know that it's full so you end up eating less.
My breakfasts usually consist of one slice of bacon, two scrambled eggs (sometimes with an extra egg white thrown in on workout days) and one slice of pepperidge farms Oatmeal bread. The bacon and eggs provide fat and protein and the bread is VERY fiber rich which keeps you full longer.
Whew! That's a lot of words so that should get buy me a few days from the boss before I have to write again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment