Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Now it's serious.....by Dawn Rhodes

When 'older' friends said it all changes when you hit 40, I never believed them. I just thought they got lazy. Well, I'm 40+ now and lazy isn't in my vocabulary, but exhaustion is! Waking up at 5, getting teenagers off to school, work 8 to 12 hour days depending on afterhour events, picking up kids 30 miles away at sporting events, then home to cook dinner, clean up and organize for the evening and start it all over....when can I fit in workouts? When I stepped on the scale and weighed 20 pounds more than my goal weight AND I was eating ok, and exercising on weekends or whenever I felt like it and the scale kept going up, I knew I had to get serious. With the opportunity to have East Texas as  my accountability partner, I feel I will accomplish great things out of sheer determination not to embarass myself.
I can work out on a Power Plate with Chet Timbs in a quick 10 minutes, Body Pump classes are tough but give quick results at Woodcreek Athletic Club and are offered several times a day, running Rose Rudman on nice weather days, work out at home on the exercise equipment I've collected over the years that are tucked away in David's office, and oh yea, I've got a rockin' cool Cannondale bicycle getting dusty. NO MORE EXCUSES!! If I have 30 minutes, 5x a week, I will fill it with good choices to get me to the goal I've set for myself. That's my commitment. Off to the races.....

No comments:

Post a Comment